Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Our last day up to Bandolista and our Pachamanca Despedida

Today was our last walk up to Bandolista. Although I am sure we will all miss the people - especially the children and our foreman Salvador - I am not so sure we will miss the climb up those stairs!

Our work was focused on finishing up the educational toys we were making as well as sanding and painting the exterior walls. As you can see from the photos, we were all hard at work!

This afternoon we had a good bye party with all of our families and almost all of us tried the guinie pig. As a vegetarian I just had a bite and it really was much better than I thought, but not everyone agreed with me. We also took the time to thank Adela for all she has done for us and truly seeming to appear whenever needed as Mr. O said in his blog. Mr. Webster presented her and her husband Adolfo with a a beautiful ceramic piece made by Eduardo from all of us.

Tomorrow we wake up at the crack of dawn to catch the train to Manchu Pichu. With every site being more beautiful than the last, I can only imagine what tomorrow will hold.

Adios Muchachos!
Miss T

1 comments:

NJPittMom said...

Thank you to all the adults who helped to take care of our children. The pictures and blogs make us proud. They also make me wish I were there. I can't wait to hear stories first hand. (I hope someone warned Laura they were serving Guniea Pig.)
Kyle Becker

Post a Comment