Friday, June 15, 2012

Blog from Julian

First of all Hi mom! Peru is so stunningly beautiful and the culture is overflowing with uniqueness and strength. I am having such a good time during every event. My Spanish is improving, as well as my sense of responsibility and I am keeping an open mind to everything new. Coming into the trip I was nervous about the food, but even though it is very different, it's very good. My favorite meal so far was pancakes this morning-- it was not too sweet but still had a lot of flavor with added marmalade and jam. My host family is incredible and my roommates are awesome. My host dad is s Shaman so there is definitely a spiritual aspect to the way this family lives, but they also have a modern side, listening to the radio and watching television. Rafting is my favorite event so far. I liked it because even though it was a lot of individual work and enjoyment, it required a lot of teamwork to get the best possible experience out of it. All in all my experience so far is outstanding and I am confident it will remain that way. - Julian

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Julian, it sounds like you are really embracing the beautiful experience of the Peruvian culture. I'm proud that you are open to all of it (even with slight hesitations). And I'm very happy you are enjoying the Spanish language. I'm so proud of my son, a true adventurer!

Unknown said...

From Nicky : I love that you are having fun and I love that you are having a great time in Peru. And we like the pictures of you and can't wait to get more information about Peru. From Leila: I'm so happy you are having a great time in Peru. And I look forward to hearing more about it. Also I can't wait to see more pictures of you, Max and Dad. From Tomas: I am also happy you are having a good time. I hope that you will continue to have fun and post more. I am especially anxious to learn about what it is like to be a shaman. We miss you guys and can't wait til you come back. We are proud of you!

Susie said...

Hi, Papi! Like the rest of the fam, I'm glad you're having such an adventure. And like Tomas ... I want to know more about being a shaman. Maybe that won't surprise you. I don't know if you'll have much time here before Pemi, but if you do I hope to hear stories! Hi to Max and your dad, and greetings to your homestay family, too. Thank them, on my behalf, for taking good care of you.

with much love,
Titi Susie

Post a Comment