Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Blog from Lauren

Buenos dias de Peru!!
Throughout my time in Peru I have continually been surprised by the vast culture changes. Whether its been the food, way they dress, or even where and how they live, I have found it hard to morph myself into the Peruvian lifestyle. Even as the group went to Patacancha (a weaving village high in the mountains) I found some of us so intrigued by the amount of work it took for the women to create the beautifully woven belts, placemats, hats, and even bracelets.
As I finish up my stay with my wonderful homestay family and my delusional roomate Catherine, I look forward to my last couple of days in Ollantaytambo and living life to its fullest. I am so grateful to be able to come on this trip and even though it was hard to start living the Peruvian lifestyle I am glad I am here and having the time of my life.
Adios de Peru!
Lauren

1 comments:

Levine's said...

Lauren, it was so good to see your comments on adjusting to life in Peru. All of you have made us feel very proud, and we know you have all grown immensely from your experience there, and are the richer for it. Enjoy the last few days of your visit, and we will see you on Sunday!

Mom/ Mre Levine

Post a Comment