Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blog from Laura

On our first day moving in with our home stay families; while I felt a rush of excitement to visit my home stay mom I was also nervous and didn't know what to expect. The room I share with Astuti is located on the second floor. To get upstairs we must go up a set of wooden stairs; which I thought would break as we carried our luggage to our room. Astuti and I helped our mom make our beds and talked to her about her children whom are away at school. Fifteen minutes later our mom came to take us to her brothers restaurant for lunch. We were relieved to find out that our family is full of spectacular cooks. Although there is a degree of awkwardness due to the fact neither Astuti or I are good at speaking Spanish, we are confidant that the lines of communication with our family will improve. We had the chance to talk to our mothers 3 year old family friend Sebastian who told us how he likes cars, and soccer; but eventually he got fed up with us and left.
After our evening meeting, we returned back home to a delicious meal of soup and French fries. Upon finishing our dinner Astuti and I said goodnight to our mother and went up to bed. After several hours of meaningless chatting we fell asleep to the sound of stray dogs barking.

1 comments:

NJPittMom said...

I'm glad you and Astuti have settled in. It's nice to see all your smiling faces. Have fun! Kyle Becker

Post a Comment